Macadamia and Chocolate Cookies
A crunchy munchie hostess gift for your coffee klatsch.
Take the Queen of Nuts, combine it with tasty chocolate and – voila – you have our macadamia and chocolate cookies, the perfect gift or to enjoy at home!
A recipe by Nicole, a RITTER SPORT aficionado from Chemnitz.
1 ¼ cup plain flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
9 Tbsp. (1 stick) soft butter
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. or 1 packet of bourbon vanilla sugar
½ cup salted macadamia nuts
2/3 bar RITTER SPORT Dark Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Roughly chop the nuts and cut the chocolate into roughly half-inch pieces.
3. Whisk together the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy. Finally, add the egg and stir in well.
4. Mix together the flour and baking powder and lift into the butter mixture.
5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment, flour your hands and use the dough to form 6 balls. Place them on the baking tray, well spaced, and press flat. Press in the chocolate and nuts, then flatten again.
6. Bake on the middle rack for 15–20 minutes.
Tip: The cookies in a pretty tin lined with tissue paper make a perfectly lovely hostess present.