Dark chocolate mousse
Chocolaty, more chocolaty, most chocolaty.
Every good cookbook should include a chocolate mousse recipe. Thanks to the intense Dark Chocolate, this is not just full of chocolaty goodness but also really simple to make.
2 bars of RITTER SPORT Dark Chocolate 50%
5 tbsp cognac (use water if eating with children)
5 egg yolks
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
¾ cup whipping cream
5 egg whites
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt slowly with the cognac in a pan over a low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Stir together the egg yolks and vanilla sugar and slowly mix into the chocolate paste while it is still warm.
3. Whip the cream into firm peaks.
4. Whip the egg whites until firm.
5. Carefully lift the cream portion by portion into the chocolate mixture. Then gradually mix in the egg white using a whisk.
6. Leave the mousse to settle for a few hours in the fridge,
then decorate with grated RITTER SPORT Dark Chocolate and chopped nuts. In this summer this also goes well with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.